Note: Listing of vendors or services on this web site does
not represent an endorsement by IMAP.
- Suzanne Quigley art & artifact services, LLC: www.suzannequigley.com
- Based in New York, art & artifact services, LLC, offers consulting and
hands on collections care, documentation and management services to
artists, collectors, foundations, estates, museums, galleries and other
entrepreneurial endeavors. Previous work as registrar at major NYC
museums with contemporary art collections has informed Ms. Quigley's
longstanding special interest in management, documentation and
conservation Issues revolving around time-based media.
- Amigos Library Services Imaging and Preservation Services:
- A nonprofit, grant-funded service, Amigos provides preservation
information, support, and training to librarians and archivists
primarily in the Southwestern United States. Amigos Library Services
provides preservation consulting services. Site surveys include
analyses of building structures and environments, storage and
exhibition areas, collection conditions, and preservation management.
- Hollywood Vaults: www.hollywoodvaults.com
- In addition to consultation on audiovisual storage facilities,
which includes design and construction management, Hollywood Vaults
offers off-site storage in climate-controlled environments. Their
self-service vaults offer 24-hour access.
- Specs Bros.: www.specsbros.com/index.html
- Specs Bros. specializes in disaster recovery and restoration
of archival tapes. Their consulting services include archival
management, disaster planning, on-site evaluations, recovery cost
estimates, and expert testimony. A brief page on preservation
offers simple tests that warn of danger.
- Vidipax : www.vidipax.com
- In addition to audiotape and videotape restoration services,
VidiPax Archival Management Consultation Services offers assistance
in systemizing collections and answering collection storage and
preservation questions. VidiPax consultants offer cataloging systems
and assessment techniques developed by libraries and museums for
collections of any size. Consulting services include inventory
and cataloging, physical inspection, storage and security, and
restoration and preservation advice.
- WRS Motion Picture and Video Laboratory:
- Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of film, audio,
and video materials, WRS evaluates collections, assesses environmental
effects, and determines the condition of audio, video and film
materials. WRS offers testing, consulting, and a variety of restoration
services proven to restore “unusable” tapes.