Note: Listing of vendors or services on this web site does
not represent an endorsement by IMAP.
- Archive America: www.archiveamerica.com
- With twenty locations in nine states, Archive America offers
off-site storage facilities for magnetic media as well as film
and sound archives. It also provides consulting services to help
design and implement storage strategies.
- Archive Corporation: www.archivecorp.com
- Archive Corporation offers magnetic-media storage in climate-controlled
vaults where media is stored on tape-specific racking. Facilities
are limited access.
- Hollywood Vaults: www.hollywoodvaults.com
- In addition to video/audio storage facilities consultation,
which includes design and construction management, Hollywood Vaults
offers off-site storage in climate-controlled environments. Their
self-service vaults offer 24-hour access.
- Iron Mountain www.ironmountain.com/Index.asp
- With 650 facilities in the United States, Canada, Europe, and
Latin America, Iron Mountain offers a variety of storage options
for film, sound, and digital archives. Their options for digital
archives include long-term storage of electronic records with
Internet-based access to and retrieval of records. They also offer
restoration and cleaning services for videotapes. Iron Mountain
uses archival containers and supplies. Their sites are environmentally
controlled and have video surveillance and 24-hour staffing.
- Preferred Media: www.preferredmedia.com
- With facilities in New York, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and
Sydney, Preferred Media offers environmental storage and inventory
management of media assets. Storage facilities are environmentally
controlled and secure and air-conditioned vehicles are used. They
also offer low-temperature storage. Other storage services include
identifying and cataloging assets, storing, tracking, receiving,
dispatching, and web-based access and reporting on inventory.
- WRS Motion Picture and Video Laboratory: www.wrslabs.com/restoration.html
- WRS offers vaults and storage services in two locations: Pittsburgh,
PA, and Kearney, NJ. All vaults are fire-protected, with separate
nitrate storage. They also offer film and tape inspection and
reporting services. The Pittsburgh vault is environmentally controlled
and maintained with Liebert computer environmental control units,
in accordance with SMPTE, AIMA, and Kodak recommendations.