Note: Listing of vendors or services on this web site does
not represent an endorsement by IMAP.
- DC Video Post
- provides transfer services from a wide range of formats, including
obsolete formats such as 2” quad, 1/2” open reel,
and 1/2” Betamax. Located in Burbank, CA.
- Evertrue: www.evertrue.com
- Based in Idaho Falls, ID, Evertrue offers video and film-to-video
transfer, transfer and digitization of old audio recordings (records,
reel-to-reel, cassette), and audio restoration.
- MercerMedia: www.mercermedia.com/
- MercerMedia provides a wide range of audio and video services,
including transfers and remastering for a variety of formats.
In collaboration with the Standby Program, MercerMedia has begun
Artstream, which provides artists and nonprofit organizations
with access to high-quality streaming media solutions for audio,
video, archives, and more.
- MSE Media Solutions: www.msemedia.com/restore1.html
- MSE’s videotape restoration services include consultation
on options available. They also carry a wide range of professional
videotape stock, as well as Mini DV digital videotape.
- Specs Bros.: www.specsbros.com/index.html
- Specs Bros. specializes in disaster recovery and restoration
of archival tapes. Their archival restoration services include
cleaning and inspection, master rejuvenation (tape restoration),
treatment for binder hydrolysis, resizing/retentioning/crease
removal, hub and shell repair, oxide readhesion (to halt oxide
flaking) and remastering/duplication from a wide range of formats.
Disaster Recovery services include chemical decontamination, fire
restoration, and flood reclamation.
- Vidipax: www.vidipax.com
- Vidipax offers videotape and audiotape restoration, as well
as archival film-to-tape transfers. Vidipax can restore and transfer
a wide range of obsolete formats, including 2” Quad, 2”
Helical, 1/2” Open Reel, Betamax, and 3/4” U-Matic.
It also offers disaster recovery, encoding, and a wide range of
consulting services. The Vidipax web site contains resource links
and videotape and audiotape format guides.
- Vignettes Media: www.richardhess.com/tape/index.htm
- In addition to extensive audiotape restoration services, Richard
Hess of Vignettes Media also offers links
to restoration facilities.
- WRS Motion Picture and Video Laboratory: www.wrslabs.com/restoration.html
- Dedicated to restoration and preservation of film, audio, and
video materials, this company’s services include processing
to archival standards, digital audio restoration, conversion of
nitrate film elements to safety base, and more. The Video
Services page on this site offers links to a restoration site,
library management site, and information on the care and handling
of videotape and a fairly extensive glossary of video terms.